Divorce and Family Law Attorney in Clearwater, FL Advocates for Your Rights to Achieve Your Goals
Individualized legal representation to fit your needs
Divorce and family law proceedings are often complicated, drawn out and emotionally devastating for all members of the family. The law firm of Jennifer C. Harrington, P.A. offers compassionate yet aggressive representation for individuals and families in a variety of family law matters. Serving Clearwater, St. Petersburg, New Port Richey and Tampa, we assist clients with child custody and divorce matters, including contentious disputes involving significant assets.
We treat each case with the personalized attention it requires. Facts drive the practice of family law, and the facts naturally vary from case to case. An approach used successfully in one case does not necessarily apply to another.
Strong courtroom presence and a strategic approach set us apart
With a reputation as a strategic litigator with courtroom experience, Attorney Jennifer C. Harrington approaches every divorce and litigation case with assertive determination to fulfill the needs of clients. When you hire Jennifer C. Harrington, P.A., you can expect:
- Extensive knowledge — With more than 20 years of concentrated experience in divorce and family law proceedings, Attorney Harrington has the proven ability to handle complex divorce and litigation cases with the consideration and individualized attention you and your family require. In cases of domestic violence, she applies her previous criminal prosecution experience as a former assistant state attorney. With more than two decades of family law insight, she can be a formidable opponent at trial.
- Substantial credentials — Ms. Harrington is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for her professional abilities and ethics. She is licensed to practice law in Florida and before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. She has prepared and presented seminars for the Florida Bar, including the Trial Advocacy Seminar, the Children’s Issues Seminar and the Attorney’s Fee Seminar. Ms. Harrington’s commitment to the practice of family law extends to professional organizations, including the Florida Bar, where she previously served as chair of the Family Law Section — Continuing Legal Education Committee. She is a past member of the Family Law Section Executive Council, a former member of the Family Law Rules Committee and was appointed to the Legal Needs of Children Committee.
- A compassionate approach and commitment to personal attention — Jennifer C. Harrington, P.A. devotes a significant portion of our practice to child custody cases. To give clients the personal attention they deserve, we accept only a limited number of custody cases. This strategy allows us to offer you direct attorney access and prompt response to all inquiries.
A law firm dedicated exclusively to the area of family law
Our goals are to resolve your divorce or other family law matter in a timely fashion and to secure the best results for you and your family. We often find agreeable resolutions through negotiation, but we are eager to take legal action in court if it means obtaining a more favorable result. Backed by extensive courtroom experience, we focus on what’s best for the children and the client at all times.
We routinely handle cases involving the following:
- Divorce — We handle divorce cases ranging from simple dissolution of marriage to contentious disputes involving significant assets. If you wish to pursue a divorce or have been served with a petition for dissolution, we can help.
- Custody and time sharing — We routinely represent clients seeking to assert their parenting rights pursuant to Florida law covering shared parenting.
- Child support — Our primary goal is to ensure the well-being of children involved in divorce or custody proceedings. We are committed to the safety and well-being of our clients’ children.
- Spousal support — Alimony is a court-ordered payment responsibility from one spouse to the other after separation or divorce. We formulate an effective strategy and prepare evidence to demonstrate why spousal support should or should not be ordered.
- Relocation — Relocation refers to a parent’s request to move and change the location of the children’s primary dwelling, generally as the result of a new job or marriage. Parental relocation requires prior approval and court sanction. Rely on our legal team to advocate for your best interests in relocation matters.
- Domestic violence — If you are a victim of domestic violence or were wrongfully accused of violent acts, we quickly become your legal advocate.
- Modifications — Circumstances often change regarding income and physical location. Whether you seek modifications of the divorce decree or face modifications from your former spouse, as a qualified modification attorney, Attorney Harrington can ensure that your rights are protected even after your divorce is final.
- Paternity — Including the Fathers name on the birth certificate is not evidence of paternity and will not establish parental rights and responsibilities.
Don’t waste any more time feeling confused and alone. Get the family law advice you need today.
To learn more about our personalized services or to discuss your case with an experienced family law attorney, contact Jennifer C. Harrington, P.A. today at 727.787.3700 or online. Serving Clearwater, St. Petersburg, New Port Richey and Tampa, our office is conveniently located on U.S. Route 19, with plenty of parking available. We offer appointments Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. noon. The office closes for lunch daily from noon to 1 p.m.