Jennifer C. Harrington, P.A., is family law firm AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® in Clearwater, FL. We represent clients throughout Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, Marion, and Sarasota counties in divorce, custody, support and other family law cases. We provide the following links as resources for our clients and others seeking information about family law in Florida. To learn more about our services or to discuss your case with an experienced attorney, contact Jennifer C. Harrington, P.A. today.
- Overview of the Florida Court System, provided by the National Center for State Courts
- Florida State Courts
- Florida Supreme Court
- Florida State Circuit Courts
- Florida State County Courts
- Florida County Courts and Information, provided by MyFloridaCounty.com, a fully integrated local government e-commerce website produced by the Florida Local Government Internet Consortium.
Family law and general legal resources
- The Florida Bar serves as an advocate and intermediary for attorneys, the court, and the public. It is the statewide professional organization of lawyers and a guardian for the integrity of the legal profession.
- The Family Law Section of The Florida Bar provides section members and the public with information on attorneys practicing in the areas of divorce, child custody, adoption, modification of judgments and enforcement of alimony and child support orders.
- The Florida Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement Services assists in locating parents, establishing paternity and establishing, enforcing and modifying support orders.
- Florida Child Support Services on MyFloridaCounty.com allows individuals to make secure and convenient online child support payments,
- The Florida Department of Children & Families protects children, the elderly and the disabled from abuse and neglect. They are responsible for children in foster care and finding homes for those who cannot safely be reunited with their families. They provide food stamps and temporary cash assistance and determine eligibility for Medicaid. They provide access to substance abuse and mental health treatment and they connect families with services to prevent or end homelessness and domestic violence.
- The Florida Domestic Violence Program offers a free hotline, 42 domestic violence centers across the state and crisis intervention and support services to adult victims of domestic violence and their children free of charge, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Florida Vital Records provides official records for birth, death, fetal death, marriage and dissolution of marriage (divorce).